Application deadlines for 2018
The following application deadlines are for Business School masters degrees starting in September 2018:
Deadline: 31 August 2018, with the exceptions below*:
* UK/EU applicants to the following courses should apply by 30 June 2018:
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Banking and International Finance
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- MSc Finance and Investment
Following very high demand for places at Leeds University Business School we have brought forward key application dates as follows:
All applications received before 15 February 2018 will receive equal consideration.
Applications made after 15 February 2018 will be considered at our discretion and whilst spaces remain available.
The latest possible application date for international applicants is 30 June 2018.
You do not need to have fulfilled all entry requirements before applying. Provided your application satisfies all other entry requirements, a conditional offer may be made on the basis of a predicted result. For example, the final mark of your first degree or an English language test. You must provide your final results before an unconditional offer can be made.
When do I need to apply?
Applications for masters courses starting in September 2018 are now open for international, UK and EU students.
There are a limited number of scholarships available and if you wish to be considered for funding you should apply as early as possible.
You should also allow plenty of time for your application and documents to be processed before the start of your course.
Before you apply:
Please check your qualifications match the entry requirements for the course you are applying for.
What do I need to include in my application?
Your application must include the following:
- A fully completed application form including personal statement (please read the guidance note on personal statements***)
- Two academic references (please read the guidance note on references****)
- Copy of your degree transcripts and certificate
- Copy of English language qualifications i.e. IELTS results (if applicable)
- Letter of sponsorship (if applicable)
- An up-to-date CV.
As part of your online application you will be able to upload scanned documents.
- *** Important guidance for personal statements
In the statement, we are looking for evidence of the qualities that you will bring to the programme and student community. We also want to understand how studying a programme at Leeds University Business School will help you meet your career aspirations. Please ensure that you address the following in your personal statement:
- What skills, qualities and experiences would you bring to the programme and how will they help you succeed?
- How will the opportunity to study at Leeds University Business School help you in your academic, personal and professional development?
- What are your career aspirations and how will successful completion of this programme help you achieve them?
Your personal statement should be no more than 500 words in length, be written in English and be your own work.
- **** Important guidance for references
You will be required to submit details of two referees when completing your application who have knowledge of your academic and/or professional ability.
These should usually be a lecturer or supervisor at your last educational institution, however, it may be appropriate to select referees from your professional area of work if you have been out of education for more than 5 years or are applying with evidence of work experience.
Our Admissions Teams may request references where required to support your application, and these will be requested directly from your referees by the University, using the details you provide.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the referees you nominate are able and willing to provide a reference where required.