Postgraduate Accommodation

Making Leeds your home

Students at home in University of Leeds accommodation

Find family accommodation, a shared house or flat in Leeds


Living in Leeds

Whether you are looking for a shared house, a city centre apartment, student residence or family accommodation, there are a wide range of options for your home in Leeds.

You can choose to live in a University residence, independent accommodation or privately owned housing.

University accommodation
Students outside their University residence

University-owned accommodation is mainly self-catered. We provide kitchen facilities that you share with a small number of residents. All rooms have a bed, wardrobe, desk and chair. Some have an en-suite washroom, in others you’ll share a bathroom with one or two students. Most students will also receive membership to the University's flagship sports centre, The Edge.

If you are an international (non-EU) student, you are guaranteed a place in University accommodation, provided you apply before 1 July 2018. 

Read more about University of Leeds accommodation

Private accommodation
Studying at home

If you don’t want to live in University-owned accommodation there are many privately owned houses and flats in Leeds available for students to rent for the duration of your studies.

We recommend that you visit Unipol, an independent charity that currently provides accommodation to around 3,000 students in Leeds. All Unipol houses and flats are designed with the particular needs of student tenants in mind.

They also provide price guidelines, advice and other information that will help you find suitable student accommodation.

Read more about private accommodation