- PhD in Management, University of Leeds (due in Sep. 2021)
- MBA with Distinction, University of Leeds
- MSc in Organisational Behaviour & HR Mgt., Peking University
- BEng in Computer Engineering, Jilin University
Suite H11, Charles Thackrah Buidling, University of Leeds
How Does Friendship Influence Leader Identity Construction during Critical Business Events in Start-ups?
(Keywords: Leadership, Identity, Start-up Management, Social Network, Power Distance)
- Academic Scholarship from the University of Leeds for MBA
- Guest Lecturer of the Year Award 2015, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing
- Academy of Management
- British Academy of Management
- Associate member of European Association of Work and Organisational Psychology
- Board member of Leeds Community Consulting, Former Strategy Head of Leeds University Consulting Society
- Chairman of Chinese Scholars and Students Association in Leeds (CSSA-LEEDS)
- Leeds Chinese Ambassador accredited by Leeds City Council
- LUBS2020 From Work to Study (TA)
- LUBS3390 Innovation Thinking and Practice (Facilitator)
- LUBS5970M MSc Management Dissertation/Project (Facilitator)
- LUBS5798M MBA Dissertation/Project (Facilitator)
Before the MBA and PhD in the UK, Mingchu Wang was a University Teaching Fellow, a columnist, a national bilingual TV presenter, an education consulting start-up founder and managing partner.
Full CV and References are available on request.
- Conference Presentation “How Do Pre-exisiting Friendships Affect the Leader-Follower Relationship and Engagement in Small Start-ups?” European Association of Work and Organisational Psychology. Turin, Italy. May 2019.
- Conference Presentation “Bosses or Buddies: How Do Leaders’ Multi-identities Affect the Development of Start-ups in the UK and China?” CERIC Doctoral Conference. Leeds, UK. May 2019.
- Conference Presentation “Colleagues or Buddies: Workplace Identity Management and Beyond” UoL Chinese Leadership Conference. Leeds, UK. Apr. 2019.
- Public Engagement Activity “The Enterprise Club: Start-up in Leeds” Business and IP Centre. Leeds, UK. Oct. 2019.
- Public Engagement Activity “Start-up Day: Identity and Leadership” Santander Work Cafe. Leeds, UK. Sep. 2019.
- Public Engagement Activity “Leadership+Friendship: Start-up Sustainability?” Leeds Doctoral Research Night. Leeds, UK. Jan. 2019.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds
- Workplace Behaviour Research Centre