I am a Marie-Sklodowska Curie Ph.D. research fellow working on Complex and Open Innovation for a Networked Society (COINS) project. This project is an EU funded research project based on a strategic partnership between the University of Leeds and Ericsson AB. Prior to joining LUBS, I was a research assistant at the Industrial Management research group at Bandung Insititute of Technology, Indonesia.
My research explores Innovation strategy for a large and established firm to create a new business based on emerging technology. Specifically, I look into the strategic responses of an established telecommunication firm towards the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) industry. My first research project aims to uncover the strategic tensions in exploring emerging businesses faced by a large, established, and not digitally-born firm and the related strategy to resolve the tensions. In the second study, I investigate the transformation strategy towards a platform business model by an established firm with a linear business model. Finally, in the third study, I investigate the role of design thinking as an innovation management approach to innovate in emerging businesses. I apply a longitudinal field-based case study to build a grounded theoretical model for each study.
I have presented the preliminary findings of my research in leading peer-review academic conferences including the Academy of Management annual meeting, Strategic Management Society annual conference, DRUID, and European Group for Organization Studies colloquium.
- Putra, F.H.R. Khanagha, Saeed. Pandza, Krsto. August 2019. How to Make Exploratory Unit Ambidextrous? Navigating Contradictions of Exploration. Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting. Boston, USA.
- Putra, F.H.R. Khanagha, Saeed. Pandza, Krsto. July 2019. Understanding the Dynamic of Digital Platform Creation by Incumbent Firm. European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS) Colloquium. Edinburgh, UK.
- Putra, F.H.R. Larkin, David. Pandza, Krsto. Khanagha, Saeed. July 2019. Applying Design Thinking for Exploring Emerging Technologies and Creating Markets of The Future. DRUID. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Putra, F.H.R. Khanagha, Saeed. Pandza, Krsto. June 2019. Strategizing for the Creation of a New Digital Platform: The Case of Ericsson. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Special Conference. Frankfurt, Germany.
- Putra, F.H.R. Khanagha, Saeed. September 2018. The Impact of Strategic Intent on the Dynamic of Reconfiguration Strategy: A Case of Ericsson. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual Conference. Paris, France.
- Putra.F.H.R. Khanagha, Saeed. Pandza, Krsto. June 2018. The Dynamic of Resource Reconfiguration in a Nascent Technology Field: A Case Study of Ericsson. Strategic Management Society (SMS) Special Conference. Oslo, Norway.
- PhD (cand.) in Innovation Management, University of Leeds, UK.
- MSc in Innovation Management, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- BEng (Honor) in Engineering Management, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Technology Innovation and Engagement