This one day programme is for people wishing to learn more about their own personality and leadership skills.
- What is it?
Participants will learn about the importance of self awareness, about their traits and skills, and discover how other people see them. They will have the opportunity to identify their strengths and learn how to best use them in the work place.
The course is delivered by Dr Kerrie Unsworth, Chair of Organisational Behaviour Leeds University Business School
- Who should attend?
The course is for those who are wishing to learn more about their own personality and leadership skills. People who are already interested in learning about psychology but who haven't had a chance to get personalised feedback eg junior managers.
- What are the benefits?
Participants will receive a report outlining their personality and a variety of workplace and leadership skills. This report will incorporate their own responses to a survey in addition to colleague's and friend's responses.
They will leave knowing more about the importance of self-awareness, about their traits and skills and discover how other people see them. They will also have identified their strengths and learn how to best use them in the workplace.
- Session One
Participants will be forwarded a questionnaire two weeks prior to commencing the course. A questionnaire will also be sent to colleagues/friends. From these questionnaires a personalised report will be generated and given to delegates on the day of the programme.
- Importance of self-awareness; difference between self-perceptions and how others see you
- Receive first section of report
- Discuss personality traits and what high/low scores mean
- In pairs/groups come up with a character from a book/film who displays these traits.
- Team working, talk through skills and interpretation
- In pairs/groups work through how each person could use their strengths to deal with the particular scenarios provided .
- Session Two
- Receive final section of report - leadership
- Talk through what it measures/how to interpret the data
- In pairs/groups discuss leadership situations and how you could use your strengths
- Generate a "Best Self Portrait" based on all information and present each other's portrait to the rest of the group
For further information please contact the Executive Education Team.
Tel: +44 (0)113 344 3911