Dr Hyun-young Jo
- Position: Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Areas of expertise: Strategic Human Resource Management; Organisational Behaviour; Service Management; and Cross-Cultural Management
- Email: H.Jo@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.13 26 Lyddon Terrace
I joined the University of Leeds as a Lecturer of Human Resource Management in October 2018.
I received my PhD in Human Resource Management at King's Business School, King's College London in 2019. I also hold postgraduate degrees in Management Studies from Cass Business School, City University London.
My work is located at the intersection of strategic human resource management, organisational behaviour, and service management. Using quantitative research methods, my current research primarily explores the effects of HR practices on employee and organisational outcomes, focusing on psychological processes behind the behaviour exhibited by employees in various service contexts. Related interests also include leadership, well-being at work, and emotional labour.
My research interests are high performance work system, employee motivation and behaviour, organisational performance, employee well-being, and service management.
- PhD Human Resource Management, King's College London
- MRes Management Studies, Cass Business School, City University London
- MSc Management, Cass Business School, City University London
- BSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management, University of Surrey
- Academy of Management (AOM)
Understanding Statistics in the Social Sciences
HRM Research Practice and Personal Tutorials
Structural Equation Modelling using Mplus
Human Resource Management Research Methods and Practice
Human Resource Management
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation and Change