Dr. Phani Kumar Chintakayala
- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Email: P.Chintakayala@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0691
- Location: Level 11 Worsley
Ph.D in Travel Behaviour Modelling, IIT Kharagpur, India
Master of Engineering in Transportation Engineering and Management, REC Trichy, India
Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering with Distinction, JNTU Kakinada, India
2016 - : Senior Research Fellow, Leeds University Business School
2014 2016 : Research Fellow, Leeds University Business School
2007 2014 : Accent Fellow in Stated Preference Methods, University of Leeds, UK.
2006-2007 : Project Manager, Consulting Engineering Services, India.
2002-2006 : Research Scholar, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
1999-2001 : Transport Planner/Highway Engineer, Gherzi Eastern Limited, India.
1998-1999 : Transport Planner, Transport Planning Group, India.
Phani Kumar Chintakayala is a senior research fellow in BigData at Leeds University Business School. He has doctoral degree in travel behaviour modelling from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. He has since been applying the stated preference methods and discrete choice models in cross disciplinary sectors to draw customer/consumer insights for the development of strategies for public sector/businesses. He has experience in wide range of sectors such as Transport (Air, Rail, Road and Water), Energy, Insurance/Banking, Water, Environment, Marketing and Health. Some of the clientele include CAA, Gatwick airport, Heathrow Airport, East Coast trains, Network Rail, P&O ferries, DfT, TfL, ATOC, British Gas, npower, Consumer Focus, Competition Commission, Hiscox, AA, Northumbrian Water, Welsh Water, RSA, Defra, Visit Briton, Royal Mail, Hastings Direct etc.
Key Research Interests
- Consumer Behaviour Research
- Opinion Mining/Sentiment Analysis of Social Media Data
- BigData Analytics
- Joint estimation of BigData and Stated Preference data
- Stated preference experimental design techniques
- Advanced Discrete choice modelling techniques to draw preferences/insights from the research data
- Business case/forecasting models
- Innovative application of stated preference techniques in cross disciplinary areas
- Transport Policy
- Travel Behaviour and Society
- European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research
- International Choice Modelling Conference
- Conference of Transportation Research Group of India
- Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK
- Discussant at AUHE applied health econometrics symposium
- Currently co-supervising one Ph.D student and another one starting in September 2019.
- Supervised two masters theses, co-supervised eight masters theses and one undergraduate thesis.
- All India Council for Technical Education scholarship during Masters
- Ministry of Human Resource Development fellowship for Ph.D
- Accent fellowship 2007 - 2014
- Chair, Travel Behaviour and Travel Demand, 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group. 2015
- Stated Preference Consultant, Accent 2007-2014
- Member, Institute of Urban Transport
- Co-Investigator, Segmentation and Design of Bus Services in Urban India: Kolkata as a Pilot Study (2014-2018), MHRD, Govt. of India.