Dr Sorin Krammer
- Position: Visiting Senior Research Fellow
- Email: M.S.Krammer@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2513
Ph.D. (Economics), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA.
M.Sc. (International Economics) Kiel Institute for World Economics, Kiel, Germany.
M.Sc. (Strategic Management), Technical University of Timisoara, Romania.
Sorin Krammer is Associate Professor in International Business and Innovation at Leeds University Business School. Prior to joining LUBS, Sorin was Assistant Professor in International Economics and Business at University of Groningen, held a Postdoctoral Fellow and Associate position at MIT Sloan School of Management (Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategy group) and a Visiting Scholar position with Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR).
In addition to academia, Sorin was also involved as an expert consultant in several World Bank projects dealing with innovation and international competitiveness (of regions and sectors) in less-developed countries.
Assistant Professor of International Economics and Business, Global Economics and Management Department, University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands. 2010-2016
Visiting Research Fellow, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), Stanford, CA, USA. April-June 2010.
Postdoctoral Fellow and Associate, MIT Sloan School of Management and NBER, Cambridge, MA, USA. 2009-2010.
Sorins research interests lie in the broad area of Innovation with a specific focus on strategic implications and cross-border aspects, and expertise at both macro (i.e., countries, regions, industries) and micro (i.e., firms) level. His work has appeared in journals such as Journal of Management, Research Policy, Journal of World Business, International Business Review, Technological Forecasting and Change, and Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, and has been acknowledged at various international conferences such as the Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, Strategic Management Society, DRUID, and others. Sorin is a member of the Editorial Boards for two leading journals in the fields of International Business (Journal of World Business) and respectively, Technology and Innovation Management (Technological Forecasting and Social Change).
Winner of the Alan M. Rugman Prize for the Most Promising Scholar in International Business. The Academy of International Business and the Eldridge Haynes Memorial Trust. Vancouver, Canada, 2014.
Winner of a Summer Research Fellowship, American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), Great Barrington, MA, 2012.
Winner of the Robert Solow Postdoctoral Fellowship, Cournot Centre for Economic Research, Paris, France, 2009.
I am interested in supervising doctoral students in the following areas:
Innovation and internationalization
Inter-firm strategic alliances
Non market strategies
Institutions and organisations
At Leeds University Business School:
- LUBS 5293M: Understanding your Discipline (Ph.D.)
- LUBS 5217: Globalization of Innovation (M.Sc.)
- LUBS 5906: Research Methods for International Business (M.Sc.)
- LUBS 5199: International Business Dissertation (M.Sc.)
- LUBS 2400: International Economic Environment (B.Sc.) *
- LUBS 3805: International Business Management (B.Sc.) *
- Thesis Supervision: M.Sc. IB and B.Sc. IB
- Tutoring: M.Sc. and B.Sc. IB students
(* Module leader)
At University of Groningen:
- Research Paper for International Economics and Business (B.Sc.) *
- Economics of Strategy (B.Sc.) *
- Foreign Direct Investment and Trade (M.Sc.) *
- Firm Organization Theory (B.Sc.) *
- Research Methods I for International Economics and Business (B.Sc.) *
- M.Sc. IB Thesis Supervision
- B.Sc. IB Thesis Supervision
- Tutoring: B.Sc. Economics students
(* Course coordinator)
Top 5 most valuated lecturers at University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, 2011. Course: Research Methods I for Economics and Business.