Professor Keith W. Glaister
- Position: Professor of International Business
- Areas of expertise: international joint ventures; cross border mergers and acquisitions; foreign direct investment; international startegy
- Email: K.W.Glaister@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1909
- Location: 1.08 20 Lyddon Terrace
Experience Keith W. Glaister BA, MA, MBA, PhD, FAcSS, FBAM, is Professor of International Business. He re-joined LUBS in October 2017, from Warwick Business School (2013-2017) where he was Associate Dean and Professor of International Business. Prior to that he was Dean of the Management School (2005-2013) at the University of Sheffield, where from no accreditation the School achieved the triple crown (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB), within seven years of his appointment. Previously he spent 15 years at LUBS (1990-2005), where he had been Professor of International Strategic Management and Pro Dean for Learning and Teaching.
Elected Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS) in 2009. Elected to ABS Executive Committee (2011-2013); Joint Chair of the ABS Research Steering Committee, and Joint Chair of ABS Deans of Russell Group Business Schools. Elected Fellow of the British Academy of Management (FBAM) in 2011. Served as elected member of the of BAM Fellows Deans Group (2014-2017), and elected member of BAM Council (2007-2012). Seconded member of BAM Council (2016-2017). Member of the International Advisory Board of IESEG School of Management (Lille and Paris), since 2006
- Divisional Director of Research
Research Professor Glaister's research interests have focused on international joint ventures, cross border mergers and acquisitions, offshore R&D location choice, and determinants of outward FDI from various countries. His research has been published in Journal of World Business, Journal of Management Studies, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Studies, British Journal of Management, European Management Review, Strategic Organization, International Marketing Review, International Business Review, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Omega, Management International Review, Journal of Business Ethics, International Small Business Journal, Long Range Planning, among others.
- BA University of Leicester
- MA University of Lancaster
- MBA University of Bradford
- PhD University
- Academy of International Business
- British Academy of Management
- Academy of Social Sciences
Teaching international business to MBA and MSc students.
Supervising PhD students.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for International Business at the University of Leeds