Professor Francesco Vallascas
- Position: Chair in Banking
- Areas of expertise: Banking, Financial Regulation, Corporate Governance
- Email: F.Vallascas@lubs.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4483
Francesco is Professor of Banking in the Accounting and Finance Division at the University of Leeds, Francesco has previously worked as a Lecturer in Financial Intermediation at the University of Cagliari. He has collaborated with academics in Germany, Sweden, and the US and with policy makers from several organizations. He is Deputy Director of the Center for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF) at the Leeds University Business School and Deputy Director of the International Banking Institute.
- Deputy Director CASIF
- Deputy Director International Banking Institute (IBI)
Francesco's research interests lie in bank regulation, governance and systemic risk of European and US banks. In particular, Francesco has examined the effectiveness of corporate governance and regulatory mechanisms in limiting risk-taking by banks. He has collaborated with the European Commission on several research projects.Francesco has taught a wide ranging of subjects at the US and PG level, including Financial Management, International Corporate Finance, Security Analysis, Commercial Banking and International Banking and Finance.
- PhD in Finance, University of Leeds
- Msc In Economics and Finance, Warwick Business School
- BSc in Economics, University of Cagliari
Francesco has contributed to designing the new BSc degree in Banking and Finance and he is responsible for teaching several banking modules.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance
- International Banking Institute