Dr Peng Li
I joined the Accounting and Finance Division as a Research Fellow in Jan 2017. Prior to this, I obtained my PhD in Finance from the University of Leeds and BA in Management and Economics (dual-degree) from Wuhan University, China.
My research interests are empirical asset pricing (especially market anomalies and empirical asset pricing models), quantitative investment and behaviroal finance. My research prejects involve big data analytics including web scraping and machine learning. In addition, I am also an advocate of scientific replication to examine the robustness of previous findings.
Atom and Emacs are my main coding editors. Python is my favoriate computer language and I am also using other computing tools: SAS, R and Stata.
- PhD Finance, University of Leeds, UK
- MSc Banking and International Finance, University of Leeds, UK
- BA Management, Wuhan University, China
- BA Economics, Wuhan University, China
I taught both PhD and master modules. I also provide database training.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance