Dr Malek El Diri
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Financial accounting; management accounting; auditing; earnings management; competition; blockchain; compensation; managerial ability; corporate governance; bank failure; RPT; institutional investors.
- Email: M.ElDiri@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6253
- Location: G.01 16 Clarendon Place
- Website: Springer Publications | Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID | White Rose
I joined the Accounting and Finance division of Leeds University Business School after working as an auditor for Ernst and Young.
- Head of First Year Accounting & Finance
- Access to Leeds Admissions
My research interests are related to earnings management and how it changes under the impact of different motives at the macroeconomic and firm levels. Among those factors I focus on market competition, blockchains, management compensation, managerial ability, corporate governance, bank failure, RPT and institutional investors. The following are examples of my current research projects:
‘Blockchains and Earnings Management’, (with C. Lambrinoudakis).
‘Related party transactions and earnings management in the UK’, (with M. Alhadab).
‘Do transient institutional investors punish or reward earnings management?’, (with H. Zaidan)
- PhD (Accounting), The University of Leeds, UK.
- MSc (Hons), Accounting, Amman Arab University, Jordan.
- BSc (Hons), Accounting, Al-Ahliyya Amman University, Jordan.
I lead and participate in teaching modules in financial accounting, management accounting and auditing.
Research groups and institutes
- International Banking Institute
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance