- Position: Associate Faculty
- Areas of expertise: Employability; Student Education and Engagement; Personal and Professional Development; Academic and Employment Transitions
- Email: J.Braham@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7950
- Location: G 14 Charles Thackrah
- Website: LinkedIn
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Authority and was awarded a University of Leeds Student Education Fellowship for Learning and Teaching in 2012. I have worked in higher education since 2000, as an Employability Tutor; Learning Development Tutor; Personal Tutor and more recently as Senior Teaching Fellow and Head of Year for second year undergraduates on Business Management programmes.
Module leader for
LUBS 2085 Developing Your Potential
LUBS 2130 Contemporary Business Issues
Module tutor for
LUBS 1086 Exploring Your Potential
LUBS 8001 Training in the Workplace
LUBS 9001 Study Abroad Module
Supervisor for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Business Management dissertations
Management Lead Tutor for Access to Leeds programme
Personal Tutor for undergraduates graduate Management students programmes. Module Leader for Developing Your Potential module, aimed at enhancing the academic, personal and employability skills of second year Management students as they progress through university life.
I have previously worked in careers guidance, redeployment, recruitment, training and employee development.
- Head of Second Year Business Management
My research interests are related to supporting the academic, personal and career development of international and UK students.
- MA ICT and Education
- PGCE (FE)
- PG Diploma in Careers Guidance
- BA Hons Humanities
- Member of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Member of the Association of Learning Development in Higher Education
- Member of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services
Following a career in Redundancy Counselling, Employee Development and Careers Guidance I moved into the Higher Education sector in 2003 as a Senior Academic Skills Adviser. I completed my Masters in ICT and Education at the University of Leeds and was awarded a University Teaching Fellowship in 2012. Following a secondment to the Business School in 2013 I have worked as the Faculty International Tutor and the Faculty Employability Tutor. Since 2015 I have been a Senior Teaching Fellow in the Management Division, acting as Head of Second Year Management and teaching on a range of academic, personal and career development modules