Ph.D. Accounting & Finance, University of Leeds
M.A. Accounting & Finance, University of Leeds, with distinction
Bachelor of Accounting Science Honours (Hons. BCompt), University of South Africa
Chartered Accountant (ACA) – The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Chartered Accountant (CA(Z)) – The Institute of Chartered Accountants Zimbabwe
Alan is currently a teaching fellow in Accounting and Finance at Leeds University Business School and has presented his research papers in many national and international conferences, receiving the best paper award at the 2012 5th International Accounting & Finance Symposium in Glasgow, UK.
Prior to joining Leeds University Business School, Alan was employed as an auditor at Deloitte in Zimbabwe, from 2002 to 2008, where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant and was promoted to the position of senior audit manager. During his time with Deloitte, Alan was seconded to work for their offices in the United States of America and Canada. His primary clients included Anglo American, Meikles Africa Limited, Tractive Power Holdings Limited and Mutare Board & Paper Mills.
Alan’s current research interests include:
- Direct cash flow statements
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Financial Analysts
- Financial accounting
- Capital markets' use of accounting information
His PhD studied the usefulness of reporting direct cash flow statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Australia
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Management Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Accounting and Finance Dissertation
- 'My class tutor was extremely helpful and was always very enthusiastic - he really helped me to understand everything'
- 'Mr Ricquebourg is very enthusiastic and engages the whole class'
- 'Alan's classes are excellent'
- 'One of the best teachers I've met so far. He makes accounting easy and enjoyable'
- 'Alan is a legend'
- The Value Relevance of Direct Cash Flows under International Financial Reporting Standards, Abacus, (2013) Vol 49, pp. 367-395 (with I. Clacher and A. Hodgson).
Refereed Articles under Submission and Re-Submission
- An Analysis of the Predictive Ability of Direct Cash Flow Information under IFRS, (with I.Clacher).
- “Direct Cash Flow Statements and Analyst Cash Flow Forecast Accuracy under IFRS” (with I. Clacher), International Accounting and Finance Symposium, Glasgow, UK, June 2012.
- “Direct Cash Flow Statements and Analyst Cash Flow Forecast Accuracy under IFRS” (with I. Clacher), Leeds University Business School Annual Doctoral Conference, Leeds, UK, June 2012.
- “The Value Relevance of Direct Cash Flows under IFRS” (with I. Clacher and A. Hodgson), European Accounting Association-Annual Conference, Slovenia, May 2012
- “The Value Relevance of Direct Cash Flows under IFRS” (with I. Clacher and A. Hodgson), British Accounting and Finance Association, Annual Conference, Manchester, UK, September 2011.
- Direct Cash Flow Statements and Analyst Cash Flow Forecast Accuracy under IFRS, (with I. Clacher)
- Are Analysts’ Cash Flow Forecasts and Direct Cash Flow Statements Essential Inputs to Generate Stock Recommendations?, (with I. Clacher)