If you don't meet the formal entry requirements for our degrees you may wish to consider a foundation year
If you do not have a formal qualification for immediate entry onto a degree programme within the Business School you may be able to achieve your ambitions through the BSc Business Studies with Foundation Year programme.
This full-time, four-year course allows you to follow one of three pathways. Each pathway allows you to study towards a full honours degree from Leeds University Business School. You will also have the option to extend your degree to a five year course with a Study Year Abroad or Year in Industry.
- Available pathways
- Am I eligible?
The Business Studies with Foundation Year programme is intended to widen participation and we also encourage applications from those who are returning to study with experience outside of full-time education.
The entry requirements for the BSc Business Studies With Foundation Year programme are:
- Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths (grade B or above in GCSE Maths for the Accounting and Finance pathway)
- And grades CCC at A-level or equivalent. Access, BTEC, AVCE, NVQ 3 and other vocational qualifications are all acceptable.
Applicants must also live permanently in the UK and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- your permanent address is in a neighbourhood with low progression to higher education
- you attended a school which achieved less than the national average of 5 A*-C passes at GCSE
- you grew up in public care
The Lifelong Learning Centre deliver the Foundation level and Year 1 of the programme with students progressing into the Business School to complete the final 2 years of their degree.
- Contact the Lifelong Learning Centre
For more information and to find out how to apply visit: