Choose the Leeds MBA
Our Full-time MBA is an accelerated 12 month programme. You spend less time away from work, and without the day-to-day work pressures you can focus fully on your career by immersing yourself in your MBA experience. Your Personal and Professional Development is integrated into your MBA supported by our Careers Team, helping you use the year away from work to plan your next career move.
Benefits of the Leeds MBA
As well as our excellent academic reputation and facilities, students say they love the warm, personal welcome we provide. Join the Leeds MBA and you will benefit from:
- A dedicated personal tutor to help support you through your MBA
- Core and option modules that will give you the broad fundamentals of business management as well as the opportunity to customise your MBA to suit your own professional interests and career goals.
- A dedicated career mentor to guide you through your next career steps
- Practice based learning - with three live challenges
- An international outlook and connections - helping you to become a global leader with cross cultural seminars and our MBA international study tours
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your MBA colleagues through the many social activities.
|Length of Course:||12 Months|
|Mode of Delivery:||Full Time|
|Start Date:||September Each Year|
|Typical Class Size:||30-50|
|Average Work Experience:||7 Years|
|Average Age:||30 years|
September – February
February – April
May – September
|Induction||Core and Option Modules||Assessment|
|Boardroom Challenge||Summer Project|
|Consulting Challenge||Personal and Professional
|Personal and Professional
|Personal and Professional
You should have:
- A good first degree or equivalent qualification
- At least three years' post graduate work experience in a supervisory, managerial or business capacity (our average is 6 years)
- A pass in an approved test in English, if your first language is not English
We normally ask for a satisfactory Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) This should be valid for the year of entry.
The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) can be accepted if the GMAT is not available in your country of residence.
Accepted English language tests include:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Internet-based test with an overall score of at least 92, with at least 21 in listening, 21 in reading, 23 in speaking and 22 in writing.
International English Language Testing Service (IELTS)
This test is administered by the British Council, and you must achieve a score of 6 or more in each section, and an overall score of 6.5, with 7.0 preferred. You may not substitute a language course for the IELTS/TOEFL requirement.
Applicants without a first degree will be considered on the basis of their career to date, managerial or business experience, and potential for benefiting from the programme. You should be able to demonstrate evidence of career progression and achievement.
All applicants will be required to undertake an interview either by telephone or in person.
We offer a number of part scholarships to candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and career progression. All candidates who are offered a place will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
For more information visit Fees and Funding
Before coming to Leeds, I didn't really believe I could achieve a career change, yet I graduated with a distinction, and secured a fantastic job.
Skaiste Sruogaite, Communications and Public Relations Manager, Proctor and Gamble. Read more