To apply for the Leeds MBA you should have:
- A good first degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent or an acceptable professional qualification
If you don't have a formal academic or professional qualification, we will consider your application based on your management experience. In this case you should hold at least five years experience and must include evidence of significant progression and management responsibility.
- At least three years' postgraduate work experience is required before you apply. This should include appropriate management experience and show some career progression.
If you don't have the required amount of work experience, you might like to consider our MSc Management.
If your degree is not from a recognised UK university you will also need to have:
A pass in one of the following approved tests in English;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with not less than 6 in any element.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum overall score of 92 in the internet-based test with at least 21 in listening, 21 in reading, 23 in speaking and 22 in writing.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with an overall score of 64.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may be interested in attending our language pre-sessional courses. For more information visit our FAQs or download the language centre brochure.
A satisfactory Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score may be required to support your application.
(GMAT scores should be valid for the year of entry)
All successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview, either by telephone, by Skype or face-to-face as part of our admissions process.
Need further advice?
If you don't meet all the requirements, (for example if you have a 'non-standard' background) or you would like advice regarding your application, please contact us.
We can also put you into touch with our MBA alumni, who can give you an impartial insight into the MBA programme.