You are an individual with your own career aspirations and goals – so we take a person-centred approach. The Personal and Professional Development module is a tailored programme to help you effectively compete in the global marketplace. We will support you in developing your career plans by providing high quality careers information, advice and coaching that realistically meets your needs and the market’s requirements. We also deliver career events and workshops which enables you to meet employers, explore industries you may want to work in, network with alumni, practice your interview skills, seminars and one-to-one coaching. Ultimately we want to equip you with the skills you need to manage your career for life.
You follow four key career mangagement stages throughout your Leeds MBA programme.
Reflecting and orientating
This initial stage helps you reflect and plan your career. With guidance from your career coach you use evaluation tools to help clarify your career objectives, evaluate potential directions and produce a tailored action plan.
Developing your skills
Our MBA skills development workshops run throughout the year. Each workshop builds on the reflection and orientation stage, identifying key skills and strategies such as social media, becoming an entrepreneur, communicating effectively, commercial awareness, global professionalism, selling yourself and negotiating. These workshops are reviewed and updated every year to ensure we meet the changing needs of the global employer market.
We help you identify ways to take realistic action by setting achievable career goals. These goals help you start working towards your long-term career aim.
As a manager you need to keep up-to-date with industry developments and business ideas. Our business speaker and networking events provide the ideal platform to hear and discuss the latest issues with business leaders and alumni.
What makes our Career Development Programme stand out?
- A dedicated MBA consultant
- The programme alters each year to ensure students are ready to enter a changing, global marketplace
- Talks from practitioners who link ‘real’ business topics to your academic programme
- Skills workshops in social media, commercial awareness, personal branding, and entrepreneurship
- Opportunities for global projects and internships
- Access to extensive databases and resources for researching careers
- Interaction with other business school students through our European partners; the Carnet Alliance
- Global knowledge of the marketplace and access to opportunities
- Events that will provide networking opportunities with alumni and our corporate contacts
- Close links with multi-national organisations such as Goldman Sachs, Marks and Spencer, IBM, Vodaphone, Deloitte, PwC, etc.
- Access to Alumni
- Mentoring from ‘specialists’ and ‘senior managers’
- Continued careers support after you graduate.