- What is it?
Gain in-depth knowledge of how the effective management of projects can deliver business benefits. This course addresses three key issues:
- How organisations select projects and align them with overall strategy.
- How the delivery of individual and multiple projects can enhance project and project management success.
- How organisations benefit from using structured approaches to project management.
The course will be led by Dr Alistair Norman, a lecturer of Information Management and Programmes Manager for the Adaptation Information Management and Technology (AIMTech) research centre. Alistair has worked extensively in business and technology education in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
This course is a module on our Executive MBA programme. However, the course is not formally assessed and is not credit bearing and, as such, does not lead to a qualification or institutional credit.
- Who should attend?
Participants on the programme need to have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a leadership or management role. It is meant for managers who are involved in managing projects of any size and type. It is also open to portfolio managers who are looking at brushing up their skills in project and portfolio management.
- What are the benefits?
The course is designed to give participants the tools to become better managers by understanding:
- How structured project management methodologies can benefit businesses at the strategic level (portfolio management), at the tactical level (programme management), and at the individual project level (project management).
- How to drive value out of structured project management processes.
- How to relate effective approaches to the management of projects to your organisation.
- Topics covered
- Portfolio and Programme Management: choosing projects which align with organisational strategy and managing for project success.
- Project Management and Risk management: delivering projects which have been effectively agreed – approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Project success versus project management success: ensuring projects deliver benefit.
Full three-day programme
University of Leeds alumni