Many ambitious companies face the challenge of devising an appropriate and effective international expansion strategy. Poor assessment of options can be very costly not just in term of short term financial investment but also in terms of longer term strategy and growth.
- What is it?
This one day intensive workshop has been designed to give you the benefit of our world leading expertise in international business thinking and strategy development. During the day you will find clear advice on how to identify a set of options for international expansion, consider which functions within the business will need to be internationalised to meet your objectives, and how this knowledge can be evaluated and crafted into a strategy for entering new markets.
- Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for:
- Directors or other senior managers from companies that are considering expansion into international markets
- Sales and marketing staff responsible for monitoring and advising on international market opportunities
- Product development staff who need to create new products for international markets
- Product managers responsible for global products
- Key Account Managers looking to contribute to their company’s internationalisation strategy
- Other senior managers in medium to large organisations who are looking to develop their understanding of international market entry strategies
- What are the benefits?
By the end of the workshop delegates will have:
- A set of tools and techniques to help identify international market opportunities
- Frameworks and models to underpin the development of international expansion strategies
- A formula to help narrow down the options for geographic expansion
- A range of sources of data to support your decision making
- The opportunity to discuss international expansion with fellow delegates in interactive sessions
Your organisation will benefit from:
- Leading edge thinking on current approaches to international market expansion
- A member of staff returning with the tools to turn this leading edge thinking into practical value for your specific international expansion ambitions
During the programme you will be tutored by Professor Mario Kafouros. Professor Kafouros is a Professor of International Business and Innovation, and Head of the International Business Division at Leeds University Business School. An electronic engineer by first degree, he also holds a degree in business and economics, and a PhD in innovation. He has extensive industrial and academic experience in the field of innovation and international business.
- Session 1
- Introduction to internationalisation strategy
- International market entry modes
- Session 2
- Choosing your markets to enter
- Entering new international markets
- Discussion of international expansion strategy
For further information please contact the Executive Education Team.
Tel: +44 (0)113 344 3911