- Monetary and Macro Economics
- Comparative Economics
- Industrial Organization
- The Economics of Education
- Development Economics
- Workplace governance, employee voice and job quality
- Labour economics
- History of economic thought
To learn more about our research, please explore our research activity page.
Our academics collaborate with the following research centres.
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Finance (CASIF)
- Centre for International Business (CIBUL)
- Centre for Employment Relations, Innovation and Change (CERIC)
The Economics division also works closely with the Institute of Transport Studies
The Division has a thriving group of postgraduate students from all over the world. Economics PhD students have received competitive scholarships from the ESRC, the EPSRC and the Canon Collins Trust, and field research, conference and exchange visit funding from the World Universities Network (WUN) and from several international learned societies. Our PhD students have found employment at the Bank of England, the World Bank, major international accounting firms and universities in the UK and abroad.
To learn more about studying with our economics academics, please visit our research degree pages.